Fall is finally creeping up on us and it’s one of my favourite seasons. There is something about Autumn that’s just so cozy and homie feeling. Of course there is the chic fall fashion (much better than summer in my opinion) and along with that goes nails. Now up until recently I was never much of a nail person, working in dentistry for years prevented me from having long nails or doing much with them. Today we are showing you some of the best fall nail trends for 2021.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. By clicking on a link of a product we recommend we do receive a commission. But don’t worry there won’t be any extra cost to you! This helps support our website and promote vegan and cruelty free products that we love.
Follow us on Pinterest!
In addition to choosing a nail colour or design you must also choose a nail shape. There are quite a wide variety to choose from especially if you are doing acrylic nails, you can’t do as much with the shape of natural nails. Depending on the type of look you are going for different shapes and lengths can give each nail design a whole different vibe. There are definitely more classic and timeless shapes so if you are looking for wedding or engagement nails these might be a good choice (like rounded or oval). Check out this chart of nail shapes to help you choose! Another thing to also consider is the length of your nails, depending on the look you want. If you are going for more of a timeless classic look I would recommend steering clear of super long nails as they can look too trendy and end up looking dated over time.
- Round/Oval Nails: It mirrors the contour of the nail with a circular edge at the tip. This shape helps to elongate your fingers and is a classic look.
- Square Nails: Filed straight across the top, with flawless 90 degree angle sides. If you have narrow nail beds and slim fingers, this is the perfect shape for you.
- Squoval Nails: Take a square shape nail and round out its edges and you end up with this hybrid. This is a universally flattering nail shape that looks good on short and long fingers.
- Coffin Nails: Mimicking the shape of a coffin this shape is tapered on the sides with a straight edge on the tip. This shape is for the fashionistas of the nail world
- Almond Nails: An elongated nail with tapered tips. These are really popular lately but they also give off a chic timeless look.
- Stiletto Nails: Long, pointy, and dramatic. These nails usually come with dramatic designs and are not really practical for everyday.
Types of Artificial Nails
There are quite a few different types of artificial nails to choose from.
Acrylic Nails: Acrylic nails are made of a combination of acrylic glass and liquid monomers. This mixture looks like a paste, bonds to the natural nail, and begins to harden pretty quickly. During this time the desired shape is created.
Gel Nails: Are liquid like regular nail polish but is then cured under a UV or LED light. Basically anything that comes out of a bottle and is brushed on your nail and then cured under a light to harden is a gel nail. This type also includes shellack.
Dip Powder: Dip powder nails are the newest trend to blow up on the nail space. They have been around for a while, but have not really gained much popularity until the last couple of years. Dip powder is basically acrylic in a powder form.
Now lets get to the fun part- Autumn nail trends for 2021
The Best Fall Nail Trends for 2021
Now when I think fall nails I think darker hues to match the season. But before we go over the trends let’s chat about a few things first. You can see our spring nail trends HERE.
Something about this earthy tone just screams autumn. There are tons of ways to wear this colour- go for a solid coat or opt for a more trendy design.
Now we all know fall is the start of the holiday season- and gold is a classic festive and warm colour. This is also perfect for the Christmas season!
From the runway to instagram green is the hottest colour for fall 2021. Opt for a darker shade for fall 2021.
This is such a classic for fall.
Break out the black polish there is no better time for moody hues than autumn!
How to Grow Longer Nails
Now if you are looking to grow your natural nails so that they are healthy and long we have some great tips to help you achieve that! A lot of the time I just have my natural nails and paint them having your natural nails will save you money and you won’t have to go to the nail salon every few weeks which is nice. Now nail and health experts know that a great healthy diet is key to growing long and beautiful hair and nails but there are a few other things that you can do to grow longer nails.
- Use a cuticle oil daily. The secret to growing your best nails is: hydration, hydration, hydration. Cuticle oil works by hydrating the cuticle and nail bed, which is why it’s such an important step in nail care
- Consider vitamins for hair and nails. Brittle nails prone to peeling and breakage could be a sign of biotin deficiency, so it might be a good idea to supplement your diet with an extra dose of this essential B vitamin.
- Eat a nail friendly diet. Eat the rainbow include a variety of fruits and vegetables. Not only is this good for your skin, nails and hair its great for your overall health too!
Shop Our Nail Faves