L&L Management, Inc. is a family office formed in 2005 to simplify the lives of our clients by managing their financial, administrative and personal affairs, offering a variety of high‐end, confidential, customized, customer‐focused services performed by expert professionals. Clients include an affluent Charlotte family and its related entities, including The Leon Levine Foundation. Our services include personal accounting and net worth reporting; cash flow planning; bill paying and expense reporting; tax planning coordination; investment and balance sheet administration; legal oversight; insurance management; employee benefits and human resources; and concierge services.
One of the largest private grantmaking foundations in the mid-Atlantic, The Leon Levine Foundation is focused on creating pathways to self-sufficiency through investments in education, healthcare, human services and Jewish values. Last year, we made over $30 million in grants to nonprofits across North and South Carolina.
At L&L Management and The Leon Levine Foundation, you will be surrounded by smart, motivated, collaborative teammates with varied life experiences and join some of the most dedicated philanthropists in our region in our traditional yet dynamic setting.
We seek employees from diverse backgrounds, faiths, and life experiences to join our team located Charlotte, NC. It is critical to our success that this diversity is celebrated and can truly flourish. We continue to work to create an equitable workplace where all good ideas rise to the top.
The Director of Accounting directs the office’s accounting policies, procedures and team. This position is primarily responsible for accounting operations, systems, analysis and reporting. The Director of Accounting works strategically with and reports to the CFO.
L&L Management, Inc. and The Leon Levine Foundation have found that consistent demonstration of certain character traits is necessary to be a successful member of our team and move forward in your career. Successful team members show a drive for achievement in all endeavors, typically supported by adaptability to changing circumstances and the resiliency to overcome setbacks.
Across all roles, it is critical to always show personal integrity, along with curiosity and humility to learn about and from others. There are often no set solutions to problems we seek to solve, so effective intelligence (finding creative solutions to challenging problems) and being able to work within a team are necessary. Finally, as representatives of a well-known organization, it is imperative to show emotional strength, demonstrating the ability to make logical decisions and regulate emotions under stressful situations.
• Support the organization’s accounting and finance function through capture, analysis and reporting of multi-platform financial information
• Strategically approach the short- and long-term opportunities within the organization and recommend improvements in all areas including organizational efficiency, tax liability, transfer planning and investment structure
• Oversee the internal preparation of the information provided for tax returns, manage relationships with 3rd party CPA firm, and review all tax filings for accuracy The successful candidate will be able to organize information and provide all required deliverables on a timely and high-quality basis
• Oversee monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations and consolidated reporting for various entities, including a highly complex investment partnership construct with roughly a dozen partners including individuals, trusts and a private foundation
• Understand general audit procedures and ability to structure reporting to be able to provide requested documents/reports and answer questions
• Implement and manage the payroll and benefits needs of the company on a consistent basis
• Supervise staff including work delegation, providing feedback and problem-solving
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance, Masters preferred
• Active Certified Public Accountant
• Minimum of 10 years of accounting experience, preferably within a multi-entity enterprise
• Experience in preparing and reviewing various tax forms including 709, 990PF, 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Suite including Excel and experience with QuickBooks
• Experience with alternative investments and accounting for multiple asset classes
Our investment in you:
• Compensation for this exempt, full-time position will be competitive and commensurate with experience
• You will be eligible for review and performance-based adjustment each June 30. In addition to your salary, you are eligible for an annual performance-based bonus
• 401(k) with a 5% company match
• Health Insurance (75% employer-paid premiums)
• Fully paid dental, disability and life insurance
• 15 days paid time off which increases with continued employment, along with paid sick leave
• Professional development opportunities
The fine print:
Our team is currently working full-time in our office in Charlotte, NC, with health and safety precautions in place.
Please send your cover letter and resume to . Individuals seeking to become a candidate for Director of Accounting at L&L Management, Inc. should prepare a cover letter (not more than 500 words) explaining why they would like to seek this position and why they believe they would be successful at L&L Management, Inc. along with a resume.
L&L Management, Inc. and The Leon Levine Foundation support an environment that is free of harassment and retaliation and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Learn more about who we are and what we do at